Sunday, October 31, 2010

A few cards....

Yesterday was a day for household chores and card making. I cleaned the main floor (it's amazing how fast things can get dirty when you are not home to clean up all day!LOL) Then I took some time to make a few cards. I needed to make a thank you card for a friend and a birthday card for Jared's friends. So I figured why not incorporate them into a few challenges as well.

This first one is a thank you not for my girlfriend who really helped me out in getting my stuff ready and organised for my new job. I used fairly Lily and a Stampin' up sentiment, along with some Basic Grey paper. This was my first attempt at making an easel card. I think the next time I make one it will a little bigger. I made this one for the sketch challenge over at Sketch Saturday (http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/)

This one was for the Friday Sketchers sketch challenge this week. Jared's friend from down the road just celebrated his birthday yesterday and I wanted to make him a card. I used a stamp I received in a stamping swap (I forgot the name of the stamp) and some scraps from my stash.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy and Very Safe Halloween. I should have some fun pictures of the kids in their costumes a little for you. Off to work on a costume for Jared, plan our Jack-O-Lanterns, and cook up some fresh pumpkin pie!

3 comments:

  1. Great cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Friday Sketchers!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers great cards Shirley, thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday and hope to see ya again for the next one Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards! I love to see your work.

    ReplyDelete